All of Alderan’s activities are carried out following community consultation and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Alderan’s activities are primarily early stage mineral exploration which involve minimal impact on the environment and local communities.
Our commitment to responsible environmental management focuses on:
Complying with all Federal, State and local environmental laws that regulate our operations.
- Identifying and mitigating the environmental impact of our activities;
- Providing all necessary training, education, equipment, information and opportunities for participation to our employees and contractors to ensure high standards of environmental performance associated with our business activities are maintained; and
- Continuous review and improvement of our environmental management system and performance.
We require and expect the support of employees, contractors, and visitors by:
- Reporting all environmental hazards and incidents and undertaking corrective actions where necessary;
- Complying with all policies, standards, and procedures relevant to the workplace; and
- Observing and supporting high standards of environmental practice across all our activities.
Being part of the local community is integral to the way we operate. The operational base for our flagship Detroit project is in the town of Milford and many of our project partners including our workforce come from the local community.
Community consultation forms a critical part of our operational procedures and since commencing exploration activities in 2017, Alderan has successfully obtained its social licence to operate on projects through this process.